Wednesday 28 April 2010

Randomness...


hello...

So i've been kinda slack the last week and this one hehe.. I've been busy with stuff- other than cakes ;p

But i've still been taking orders and i've got a new item to add to the menu- Raspberry Coconut cake- my brothers in-laws are already fans *YaY* I think i need to add more fruity cakes to my menu.. but i'm not a big fan of them hehe.. i only bake cakes i know i'll eat- apart from fruit cake.. I make that because my nini and my aunts love it.. (everything else is 'manis' for them) hahaha

May is coming up.. and i've got my dad's big 60th b'day coming up. We had a conversation that sorta went like this:
Me: What kinda cake would you like this year Dad?
Dad: Why do you make those other cakes the way you make them?
Me: Huh?! Cos.. thats what they asked for.. ..
Dad: Yes, thats because you don't know them.. But you know me, So make a cake how you feel best represents me! How you feel about me.. (and then walks away)
Me: *Jaw DropS*
This is why i like to get as much details of how a client wants their cakes to turn out or descriptions of the person the cake is for..
My dad also went on about how a design must have meanings and themes..etc.. can't remember how it went exactly but i got the picture!! I'm feeling totally pressured now!
And my mom helps by going 'Why don't you do the IBB building (now BIBD) in Bandar, since it was one of your dad's first buildings?'- Mom i've never made a building out of a cake before!!!!!!
To top that off.. it's my youngest brother's birthday at the end of May.. and i asked him the same thing-'What cake would you like?' and he goes 'i want a cake with random things on it'--Ooookkaaayy...another descriptive person in my family!!

I swear my family members have to be the hardest clients to please-and they don't pay me!!! *hmmpf*
Except my mom.. she knows what she wants =) (she also reads my blog) kekeke
So wish me luck on those endeavors, we'll see how it turns out.. i am open to suggestions by the way =)

I was playing around with some extra icing and decided to try out a piped rose.. it's easy, everyone does them- yeaaa.. till u do it yourself.. took me a while to get a hang of them.. they turned out pretty.. so i randomly stuck them on a cake my ordered for her dinner party hehee..


I got a request to do a rocky road brownie for a birthday.. and the birthday girl's description was: she's a girly-girl who loves fairies, pink, butterflies, flowers- stuff like that..
Okayy... You'd think a brownie was a brownie right?? Wrong!!! hehehe not when i have anything to do with it!
I think this must be the prettiest brownie i've ever seen/made- i am so in love with the frog prince ;)
It was really fun making these figurines.. i call it the Fantasy Forest theme.. Happy Birthday Jojo =)




















Oh yea and there were cupcakes too.. Mimo lemon cupcakes!

Ps: Yes Zat, ur cake will totally be awesome this year!! With LOTS of ganache ;p


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio