Sunday 18 April 2010

pushing boundaries..


Another busy week.. but i loved it :)
Okay so...i'm a bit of a dork cos i love making, baking and decorating cakes! Uhuh!
It's only taken how many years to realise this..
So this week..


Was my wonderful Mom's birthday..
Happy Birthday again Mom! xx

Earlier in the month, i showed her all these books to help her make a choice on what kind of cake she wanted, and this is what she chose.
It's a vase of flowers. And she loved it =)
People kept calling it 'a pot' of flowers haha which was fair enough.. The chocolate mud cake turned out well too cos it sorta looked like soil huhu..
It was really quite a tall cake.. about 9 layers of delicious chocolate mud cake.. was quite hard to cut too hahaha...
(i can laugh about it, i'm just the baker :p)


How coincidental is it that my brother's b'day and my brother in-law's b'day both fall on the 19th of April??... and they both have names starting with 'A'?? hmm...

Anyway my hubby requested this...interesting cake for his younger brother (for fun!)- and i was up for the challenge ;) The cake is white chocolate mud cake with white chocolate ganache.. The design is Debbie Brown's.

A Bodice Cake
Happy B'day Bg =)

After the big cakes were all done.. my cousin had an order in for around 200 cupcakes and tinies for my niece's b'day party.. Man.. she is the luckiest!! I had to wait till i got married, to have my name iced on cupcakes- as a give away gift! (I should put those pictures up one day.. i trained all my cousins-well the girls anyway to ice around 600 cupcakes for my nikah huhuhu....i had workshops and everything... i should of known from then i loved making cakes!)
Back to the image below.. these were put in lil'containers for individual gifts for the guests.

Happy 5th Birthday Nabilah =)




My brother isn't here for his b'day (he's over in Brisbane, studying hard.. ..) But i promised to email over the picture of his b'day cake that i made for him (even though he's not here).. My mom actually came up with this idea and said.. 'why don't you just photoshop his name on?' .. and so i did hehe.. (u gotta love Ps)

Happy B'day Rif.. love you lots!! Made this especially for you *winx*
ps: don't tell dad i did this ;p





If Zat was here she'd probably yell at me for using so many font colors.. (she does all the technical stuff for me like.. make the blog, design it, etc..) But she's not here..Oooh well!

Is it weird that i'm sleep deprived cos i think about cakes? How to cut them, bake them, decorate them, the colours... oh it goes on.. yea... it's sad i lose sleep on this.. but i really really love it!!
I was going through designs with my sis in law today and realised i really wish ppl would order more fun cakes for baby showers, kids b'days, baby arrivals, weddings and all sorts of fun occasions.. cos there are just so many many many designs i'm itching to try out!! hehe..
( i can wish :p)

I can't wait for June. . I'll be off continuing on the 2nd part of the course i attended last year in Oz *woohoo* Something i am looking forward to very much!

OKay i'm babbling now.. Good night!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio