Sunday 23 May 2010

Busy May..

May has been such an exhausting month for me! And there's another week left!!
But it's been a good month. Lots of challenges and exciting new cakes hehe Don't get me wrong I love making simple cakes but every once in a while i like a challenge.. but this month i've had like too many! I've done a fairy castle cake, my Dad's big b'day cake, engagement cupcakes, last minute cakes- where i have to come up with my own designs!! Ugh thats too much pressure cos i worry that the receiving end of the cake might not like the design!!

I Apologise in advance for the poor photography!! huhu but i have a treat!! (for the next update hehe) I got my very talented photog friend- Chee to come by and take shots of my dads cake- so there'll be some pleasing to the eye images ;p I've only got a few though (the ones i nick off his fb heehee) more will come, eventually =D He's really really talented!! If anyone's looking for a photog you can msg him on his fb 'SChee Mistar'

Okay on to the pictures.. which is what most ppl look at ;p
By the way.. i have my phone back =)
This was lemon vanilla cake.. Highlighted their names with a touch of glitter!

I loved this one. The colours, the hearts and most importantly my client knew what she wanted. Thanx ;)

The castle cake was for baby Azra Bassamah's first b'day! I loved making this.. although i think i need more practise! Little fairies were scattered around the castle. Had a lil'duckie in a pond and jellybeans as gravel.. So cute!!

This was chocolate mud cake. For my lovely sis-inlaw. I was clueless for a design! In the end this is one of my fav cakes! I hardly ever use black in my cakes. But it gave it a bit of a much needed edge to the girly pink and white..
These cupcakes were for Ben and Jojo's engagement last week. Congrats guys! The box had a lid of course.. but i didn't get a nice picture of it hehe...
Finally, my dad's birthday was last week too.. This was the simple cake i made when we had our family gathering. I was also testing out my new cake stand-loved it! The bottom cake was carrot cake, middle was Just Janes cupcakes with strawberry fillings and the top was the same cupcakes surrounded by brownies-Yum! Something for everyone..

So upcoming in the next update will be my dad's other cake-that took 2days to make! My youngest brother's 'random' birthday cake and my cousin's Nikah cake (or first wedding cake).
Till next time. Have a great week! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio